Wednesday, September 15, 2010

'Everybody Draw Mohammed' Cartoonist Goes Into Hiding

That's Molly Norris of Seattle.



The story's at WaPo, "
'Draw Muhammad' Cartoonist Changes Name, Goes Into Hiding at FBI's Insistence." Also, at Seattle Weekly, "On the Advice of the FBI, Cartoonist Molly Norris Disappears From View."



Morris was placed on an "execution hit list" by fanatical Islamist Anwar al-Awlaki. I understand her fears. But I'm sick to my stomach (and my heart) that it's come to this. Anyone speaking out is subject to a fatwa. (I'm sure a lot of my leftist enemies would cheer that.)



Ann Althouse is sympathetic, if not a bit amused by Morris' plight. But she adds:
There's a big Metafilter thread about it, which I'm reading after writing that. A surprising number of people are blaming Norris for bringing the death threats on herself.

Draw Muhammad



No comments:

Post a Comment