Saturday, November 15, 2008

California Fires: Yorba Linda in Orange County

It happens every year with the onset of the hot Santa Ana winds:

Big Horn Mountain Way Fire

This photo depicts a firefighter dousing a home engulfed by flames, on Big Horn Mountain Way in Yorba Linda.

Today was such a beautiful day. I was taking my oldest son to his math tutoring this morning, and we were getting on the onramp near my home when we saw the crystal-clear view of Saddleback Mountain looking southeast. But just as I noted the striking blue clear skies, I saw the smoke rising over the foothills to the north.

That's when I said: "This happens every year ... I hope it wasn't arson."

Some readers might recall last year's post ("
California Burning") about a local arson fire in Irvine that forced schools to keep kids indoors for a couple of days.

My wife and kids are all fine presently, but we always feel so deeply, and pray, for those who end up in harm's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment