Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Carrie Prejean Nude Picture Scandal!

I just got word from Robert Stacy McCain that Miss California Carrie Prejean has been exposed as having posed nude!

MSNBC has the story, "
Miss California: I’ll fight on despite racy photos":

With partially nude photos of her popping up on Web sites questioning her Christian credentials, Miss California USA Carrie Prejean has fired back, claiming the racy pictures are just modeling shots and vowing to continue her battle against same-sex marriage.

“I am a Christian, and I am a model,” Prejean said in a statement released overnight to the media. “Models pose for pictures, including lingerie and swimwear photos. Recently, photos taken of me as a teenager have been released surreptitiously to a tabloid Web site that openly mocks me for my Christian faith. I am not perfect, and I will never claim to be.”

But Alicia Jacobs, a judge at the April 19 Miss USA pageant during which Prejean made her highly publicized statement opposing same-sex marriage, said the pictures go beyond what the Miss California pageant says are appropriate.

“I can assure you they were quite inappropriate, and certainly not photos befitting a beauty queen,” Jacobs, a reporter for NBC’s Las Vegas affiliate, told NBC News.

The images may also hurt her status as a spokeswoman for conservative causes. “She can continue to advocate for causes, but I don’t think these causes are going to advocate for her,” Ken Baker of E! News told NBC.
Yeah, well, nobody's perfect, as they say. But I agree: It's pretty hard to be a spokesperson for traditional values when you're stripping down for racy lingerie shots.

I love Carrie Prejean, and she'll weather the storm, but it's just one more case of human frailty in the eyes of God, and no doubt the nihilist leftists will rush to hold her up as a poster girl for the "hypocrisy" of the fundamentalist right.

See
here and here for more details. Ms. Prejean's "modeling" shot is here.

I don't see a thread yet at
Memeorandum, but just wait. I'd bet this will be the leading story by late this afternoon, and I'll update at that time!

Big Hat Tip: Robert Stacy McCain.

**********

UPDATE: There's a Memeorandum thread now. Also blogging, Moe Lane, Red State, Flopping Aces, AmSpecBlog, and Taki's Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment