Friday, June 26, 2009

Jackson Death Fetishism Swarms Coverage of Farrah Fawcett

This Farrah Fawcett video care of This Ain't Hell, But You Can See It From Here...:

My wife and I were watching all the news coverage of Michael Jackson's death last night. She's always been a Jackson fan, but was concerned that the coincidental timing of the deaths would drown coverage of Farrah Fawcett. My wife wrote at her Facebook:

R.I.P. Farrah Fawcett. You will not be forgotten. I was so sorry to hear that Farrah had lost her battle with cancer on the same day that Michael Jackson passed. She will be lost in the circus of "Michael Jackson." She was a true hero in her fight with cancer. So instead of hearing about her life we are only hearing of Michael Jackson. Don't get me wrong I loved Michael Jackson but really who was he at the end???
See also, Allahpundit, "Video: House Holds Moment of Silence for Michael Jackson," and Jonah Goldberg, "Some Quick Thoughts on Michael Jackson."

Related: CNN, "
Jackson Dies, Almost Takes Internet With Him," and the Los Angeles Times, "Michael Jackson-related traffic doubled Twitter's update frequency, tripled Facebook's [UPDATED]." See also, Memeorandum.

Bonus: Jim Treacher on Michael Jackson, Carrie Prejean, and pop-cult hypocrisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment