Sunday, March 7, 2010

From the Oscars: Jeff Bridges Wins Best Actor

I love him.

Michelle Pfeiffer introduced Jeff Bridges by harking back to "The Fabulous Baker Brothers." That movie was special to me for some reason, but I think Jeff Bridges does that with most of his roles. He seems to get down to the hard cases that touch experience in all of us. Have you ever seen "American Heart"? It's another one that moves emotion, but I think it was "Starman" that was most special, and I saw it at the theater upon its release:

Anyway, CNN has a report, "Bridges wins best actor; 'Locker' has four Oscars." And at the Los Angeles Times, "Jeff Bridges finally wins his Oscar for 'Crazy Heart'."

Footnote: "Hurt Locker" just won best picture, and Kathryn Bigolow for best director. I'll have more on that tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment