Saturday, March 13, 2010

'Jimi Hendrix on your Blog?!?!?!'

In my inbox, from Paleo-Pat at Political Byline:
Jimi Hendrix on your Blog?!?!?!

Heh!

I found that to be a bit of a shock...

Anyhow, That version of purple haze is the WORST!

I beg you, PLEASE put on of these on there!
Patrick left links to nearly half-a-dozen "Purple Haze" videos, the first one below is live from Atlanta in 1970:

Actually, I'm quite open to suggestions for music posts. But why Patrick's "shock" at seeing a Hendrix video in the sidebar? It's no big deal. The dude obviously should spend some time visiting AmPow before going off!

I've been around the rock-and-roll block a few times, eh?

Not only that, I can't stand paleocons, actually. So, advance demerits for that.

In any, case, I've got a broad range of musical interests, as readers know. You name it, from punk and rockabilly to new wave techno-pop to '60s-era pyschedelic and '70s-era corporate rock to '90s-era grunge to heartland and blues. I'm learning more all the time as well, and it certainly helps to have a teenager who's totally plugged into iTunes all the time!

And I'll tell you, I went to high school in the '70s, and Jimi was big with some my homies. I shifted, by graduation, to power-pop, British punk, and L.A. hardcore, but you never forget the early influences.


That said, Patrick whines a lot about not getting
FMJA links, so I'll toss him a bone. Nice videos as well, although I quite dig that one at the sidebar -- obviously an early rendition of "Purple Haze," raw in its styling and percussion.

Patrick's other Hendrix links are below: I've listened all of them, and they're awesome. I like the Atlanta clip best, which I've embedded at top; but Hendrix live at the Isle of Wight is at the first link below. That's pretty cool:

* One

* Two

*
Three

*
Four

At for the sidebar video, I can just dig the raw sound, and I get a kick out of Mitch Mitchell on drums. So, no apologies. Worry about your own blog circling the drain, buddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment