Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Obama's State of the Union

Okay, so President Obama has delivered his first Presidential Address (or is that a State of the Union Adress?). The full text is here.

I didn't catch the whole thing, although I checked a few blogs for live-blogging updates.

At
Ann Althouse's here's a great introductory comment from Palladian:

I'm guessing a bunch of depressing, doom-mongering comments about the economy, an over-polished sound bite that was written by another committee and shoe-horned into the "Not State of The Union" address, and a hell of a lot of ums and errs if he dares to speak extemporaneously.
Neo-Neocon live-blogged as well, and wasn't impressed at all:

Just how does this speech differ from a State of the Union message? I thought it was supposed to be about the economy. It’s all over the place, and loaded with cliches. I wonder why that surprises me.
Vodkapundit "drunk-blogged" it, naturally:

7:05PM Hottest first lady ever? Barring Millard Fillmore in drag, I’d have to say yes ....

8:07PM “We are not quitters.” Speak for yourself, Mr President. I gave up on this thing five minutes in.
Gateway Pundit reports on Lousiana Governor Bobby Jindal's GOP response:

Governor Bobby Jindal was fantastic tonight. He delivered the Republican rebuttal to the Democrat's irresponsible spending plan.Too bad, the governor's website is down from all the traffic.
More later, dear readers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment